Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Bug and Other Insects

Dear Bug,

You are so popular.  I knew before you were born that you would be the VIP at all family events until you hit your "awkward" stage, but I didn't know how many little friends you would have!  I think you probably have more friends than your Dad or I do.  And you are so cute when you're with your friends - you just smile non-stop and do your deep belly laugh constantly.

First, there's Charlotte.  Charlotte goes to daycare with you and is a little bit older than you are.  She's got flaming red hair like Aunt Warnen.  Eliana says that you always grab on to her arm or her pant leg, giggle and drool on her, and then push her away.  You and I have had a discussion about how important it is to treat women with respect and to not use your brute force towards them in any way.  You understand and have tried to play nicer with Charlotte.  I always dress you in nice clothes for daycare because you want to look fly for Charlotte.  But Dad says she's not so cute. 

Your partner-in-crime is Tighe Carter.  He's the only boy you're friends with, because you're more of a ladies' man.  Because Tighe Carter is three months younger than you, you've tried to show him the ropes a little - like how to hold his head up or grab at Mommy's face.  Aunt Lisa and I both know that you and Tighe Carter will be trolling for chicks before too long.  Just make sure you both always remember that no woman will ever love you as much as your mommies!

Anna is another friend of yours.  Uncle Mario brings Anna to our house sometimes, but she doesn't stay long before she starts crying.  Twice she took toys away from you, and you screamed.  She just stared at you.  But whenever you first see Anna you get this huge smile on your face and start drooling like a hound dog.  I talk for you and say things like, "Hey girl...you lookin' fine today, girl!" and help you rap to Anna.  Uncle Mario doesn't like it.  Daddy and I don't care.  One time Anna was over when you had to go to bed.  You had just fallen asleep and Uncle Mario went to use the bathroom and left Anna with Daddy.  Well, she didn't like that.  She started screaming bloody murder and woke you up.  You were so scared and it took me a long time to calm you down.  That's why Anna isn't allowed in our house after 6:30.

Finally, Sophia is your friend, even though you've never met her.  She's your second cousin and lives in California.  It's not illegal to marry your second cousin, but it's generally accepted as being weird.  So don't fall in love with Sophia.

I love watching you interact with other babies - you are so precious and so sweet when they're around!  Just like everything else you do, I'm absolutely amazed by your little social skills.  I can't wait until you're old enough to join play groups and all that fun stuff.  But in the meantime, I selfishly expose you to your little friends as much as I can so I can see that wonderful Buggie-grin!

I love you to the moon, and back!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment