Thursday, May 19, 2011

First Word

Dear Bug,

On Saturday you said your first word!  Mommy was packing up your diaper bag to take you with me to a baby shower.  I was putting your Mets bat into your bag, and when you saw it, you very clearly said, "Bat!"  It was awesome!  Such a manly first word, too - Daddy is over the moon.  I personally thought your first word was "Mama," since you've been babbling that for a few weeks now.  But it hasn't been clear whether you associate me with your babbling, so Daddy and I couldn't decide whether or not that was your first word.  He was leaning towards not counting it, though, because it wasn't "Dada."  Mean.  But, "Bat!" it is!  I'm so proud of you!

On a side note, you were caught slipping your little hand up the dress of a little girl at the baby shower.  Everyone thinks you're a freaking stud.  

I love you!
Love,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment