Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Dear Bug,

You gave me the most wonderful Mother's Day ever, little dude!  First you gave me a card that you chewed on.  The corners were soggy and missing, and I had to swipe my finger through your mouth to remove the pieces you tried to swallow.  Inside the card you had traced your hand just for me!  And you wrote me the most special message ever.  I didn't cry, but I wanted to.  And on the card was a little purple plastic bracelet that says "Mom."  I put it on and haven't taken it off since.  I'll wear it until the day I die.  Or until it gets lost.

You also gave Mommy beautiful flowers (that are still alive three days later!  Yay!) and a digital picture frame so I can watch a slideshow of you at work all day long.  It's like a Buggie Movie.  I freaking love it.  We went to lunch together at the Cheesecake Factory, and you were such a good boy.  You made eyes at a lady with a hat and flirted with the waitress.  And then you pooped at the table.  But, because it was Mother's Day, Daddy changed your diaper.  It was awesome!

But the best part of Mother's Day was getting to spend the day with you, my little Bug.  I love you SO much and I consider myself lucky to be your mom.  Every day with you is a gift, and even though I loved my presents, getting hugs and kisses from you make me feel like the most special girl in the world.  Thank you for being my baby, Bug!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment